D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas

Hola a todos! ¿Como estáis? Alrighty, that is the limit of my Spanish... Haha, just kidding. I can speak fairly well now. I have met a few of my goals in speaking and listening, and now I just need to accomplish a few more. By July 24th of this next year, I want to be mistaken for a Spaniard. In the level that I speak. Not really the behavior, or manners. Just fluency. Haha.

Things in Torrevieja are really going well. Christmas was awesome, and there were so many people trying to take care of us. It was nice.. I'm just glad I'm not in G. Elder R called me and told me that he and the rest of the Elders in his zone went and played monopoly on Christmas in the Chapel, because there were no members that took them in. Haha, that stinks. We almost had fights about who got to have the Elders over for Christmas.

I finished reading Jesus the Christ, by James Talmage last week. I have to say, my understanding of Christ's mission has deepened, his life, to me, has become even more, profoundly sacred. I understand so much more, and through prayer, and studying the scriptures I now know so much more. I really would recommend reading that book. It's dang good.

Christmas was great. One of the best ever. I got a bag of Chocolates from D and M, and a box of poptarts from the M family. It seriously made my day. Oh.. I like talking to you guys on Skype too. That was nice. I was so nervous to see you all and talk to you, and I just kept thinking, "crap, my English sucks".  I hope that all of you didn't catch my grammatical errors, lack of depth in vocab, etc. It was really nice to hear your voices. Except Landon. I didn't hear his voice. Only a deeper replica of what is my brother's voice. 

I hope that this Christmas and new year was and will be as good for you guys as it was and will be for me.  Remember to remember. Recordad a todo que habéis recibido. Especially family.


¡Os quiero muchisimo!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment