D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Miracle Week

I was wondering why everybody was flipping out that I didn't send a good email to you last week.  I was all like, "give me a break, seriously!" And as I looked through the "sent mail" I realized that last week's email never got sent. 

So, don't blame me. The computer I was using last week was flippin' stupid, and it was acting up all weird. I wasn't able to upload pictures, connect any sd cards or anything, so, sorry. 

The good news is, that that week there was really nothing exciting that happened. So, there is nothing to fill you in on that I haven't already sent to you.

Okay, I have some good news, and some bad news. Let's start with the good news. This week is Miracle week. As a mission we are going to find lots of people. As we have prayed together, fasted together, and worked together, we have seen miracles begin to take shape. We have references from the members just pouring in, and there are many people that we feel are those people that have been prepared by the Lord to hear his gospel.

A little bit about that- The Lord wants all of us to return, and all of us to hear his word. However, every person is different. The people that we find and teach are those that the Lord has prepared because they are ready to listen to us, and nobody else. However, those that turn us down haven't yet been prepared, because the Lord knows that our style of teaching won't help them feel the Holy Spirit. Some missionary in the future will be the one to touch their heart. 

There are good things happening in Torrevieja. Church attendance was back up last Sunday, and there are good relations between the English speaking and Spanish speaking members of the ward. There are a couple of people that haven't come to church in the longest time, and came last Sunday. I was so happy to see them there.

One thing that we talk about with every investigator and less active member is the Sacrament, and how important it is.  To explain, the Sacrament is a time to renew sacred covenants that you have made with the Lord. By partaking of the bread and water, we REMEMBER the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ (It doesn't actually turn into his flesh and blood, as some people believe. That is called transubstantiation. That is a corrupt doctrine that perverts the sacredness of the Sacrament-- a direct result of the Great Apostasy) and we can better ourselves.
We, ourselves and our investigators do 3 things every Sunday during the sacrament.
1. Think of our baptism, whether it be past or future
2. Think of one question that we have
3. Leave one sin at the alter of the Sacrament, and never do it again.

When we do these things we will receive revelation, strength, and peace. Because the Lord loves us. Even if you haven't made those covenants, you can feel the power of the Sacrament if you go and participate reverently.

This has really helped us and our investigators become better people.

I invite you to try it!

Bad news this week, the package didn't arrive in time for Bro. Airforce guy to pick it up.  (Meaning that he won't get his Christmas package before Christmas.)  :(


And, finally, Hermana Nath has left to the MTC in Provo! She will be serving in the Temple square mission in Salt Lake City.


I hope you all have a good week!
Os quiero mucho,
Elder Oliver

P.S.  Guess what! We played some music, and we jammed! It was sweet. At Sarihá's farewell on Friday night, Jesús and I, the one who we rescued, jammed. We played a bunch of music and were the life of the fiesta. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment