D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, December 2, 2013

2 Diciembre 2013, Semana 19

This was Cooper's email to Hayden:
I wish you a merry Christmas, I wish you a Merry Christmas, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  I love you Hayden!!  I love you, I love you, I love you.  We sent you a package!  And did you know we got new chicks?  And we put them outside?  All of our pets are okay.  When you get back, I know you will be the biggest brother I ever had!  
Love, Cooper that loves Elder Oliver

This is the reply that Hayden sent to Cooper today.  I thought it was so sweet.

¡Feliz Navidad!  I love you, I love you, I looovvvee youuu!
Yay! New chicks! Have you picked them up yet?
You are probably right Coopy. I will be the biggest brother, because all the flippin people here are feeding us mountains of food!
Love,
Elder Oliver that loves Cooper

Cooper, Turner and Regan each cry at least once or twice a week because they miss their brother so much.  It is heart wrenching.  What a blessing to have a big brother that they love so deeply.  We are blessed.

On to his regular email:

First, answers to your questions.

I already bought a chocolate advent Calendar. Those things are the best.
Yes, I do check dropbox every week, thank you for all the hard work that you put into that for me, mom! (He is allowed to post pictures onto Dropbox, and also we are allowed to put pictures onto it for him to view, plus short videos.)
As for skyping, I have no idea where we will, but it will probably be at a member's house, and I don't know for how long we get to skype.
Elder R and I DID do a musical number! We played with the primary in the primary program. We played "I'm trying to be like Jesus" It went great!   And guess what! My new comp plays the piano very well too! So, we will be doing a musical number at S's farewell. 
New companion is great! He is a hard worker, and we both want to make T the best little ward in the world (it's almost there already!)  However, he has his quirks.  Hay que tener paciencia.
He is from California, his mom is Mexican and his Dad is El Salvadorian. He speaks Spanish nearly perfectly, and his English is Californian English, so it is fairly good, haha.

It was really difficult to say goodbye to Elder R. He was awesome, and I feel like he is one of my closest friends now. He taught me so much.

And on to the investigators.
L and F are doing just great. Same perfect investigators as usual. I love them. C and Y are having difficulties getting married as well, but as soon as the marriage problem is resolved, there will be 3 baptisms here in T. The A family has finally started reading the Book of Mormon. Next step, pray, and then they will receive their answers. The rest of the investigators are not progressing very much. But, everybody has their own time.

Something happened this week that is too sacred to me to share in detail. Just know that because I chose to serve a mission, there is one fewer suicide victim today than there would have been.

And that is because I was able to share the message of the atonement with him. 

We already have appointments for Christmas! With M and D, the German couple. Do you think I am excited? You underestimate my excitement. Haha, this is going to be the best flippin' December ever! 

Anyways, my camera records video in a weird format, and this computer that I use doesn't even allow me to upload. I need to use a different computer... Para que pueda subir los videos.  And the reason I look awkward in that video, is because I am awkward. And I am not used to speaking english anymore. It is really weird, I have forgotten how to spell certain words, and use certain grammatical... things, so I just rephrase whatever it is that I need to say. BUT.... I really think that in three more weeks I will be nearly fluent. All of a sudden it is easy to speak and understand Spanish.  I had my first Spanish dream the other day, but it was flippin stupid, because I studied Spanish grammar throughout my whole dream. How lame is that???

Anyways, I love all the updates, and I love hearing how you all are doing.

Os quiero mucho,
Elder Oliver

1 comment:

  1. Elder Oliver. ..you sound so happy. It makes me wish Kevin was out again. I loved hearing all the neat stories. Danielles little girl that you saw is laughing and rolling over and is so Fun to play with
    We r steeped in snow at our house. And in the single digits. Jay is the only one happy about those kind of temperatures. Love you lots. Aunt alice.

    ReplyDelete