D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Farewell Torrevieja!

I hoping this week would never come. But I knew it would. I was hoping I would see somebody enter the waters of baptism in this area. But I have done my best for the people to prepare for that moment. This has been difficult. But, there are many things that I have to look forward to.

I have learned so much from my companion. It is like he has been my second trainer. It will be hard to see him off this week. However I will have a new companion, Elder Dansie. I have heard very good things about Elder Dansie. Apparently he is very organized. That is good. I will definitely learn from him this Transfer (I have actually been fairly organized out in the field though). He trained one of my friends from the MTC.

Anyways. There are good things that are going to happen in Torrevieja. This Sunday, there were 5 ward missionaries called and set apart, which is great news. There are also a lot of new investigators coming out of the dark. We have been able to help many people develop greater faith in Jesus Christ. Even though nobody has decided to enter into the waters of baptism and take that step through the door that opens an infinity of possibilities.

Here is to hoping that they will progress better after I leave. 

So, the ward in Algeciras is just a little bit smaller than that of Torrevieja. We have our work cut out for us. Have you looked up the city yet? Of course, but It is flippin cool. I'll be able to see Africa from my area! Qué guay!!  I don't really have much information other than that. You will have to wait till next Monday to get my address. Sorry. 

I'll have to resist the temptation to swim to Africa. That'll be difficult, haha:)
Except that I will end up in Morocco, and probably get killed. That cancels out the temptation pretty well. 

I love getting your updates, and hearing how everybody is doing. 

¡Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment