D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, January 20, 2014

25%

Wow.
I feel like this week blew by. And so have the last 6 months. I can't believe that I have been out for a half a year now. Time really is flying by. It is slipping through the fingers.

The members here are keeping us fed, so that is nice. There are a lot of Muslim people in this city. Like, so many, that a conservative would probably have a heart attack. Don't worry, there are a lot of things that would make liberals want to leave here as well. As for me, they are the nicest people in this city, and we have had some interesting encounters. We have really struggled with our investigators here, (have have been here for almost two weeks, and have personally met only 2 of the 3 current investigators). So, we decided to do something different. We now work in a soup kitchen every Wednesday and Friday, so we have been able to use our time better. And now, we don't have to worry about getting robbed, because we have made friends with many homeless people, and they will be our silent guardians stationed around the city, haha. But this will be really fun, and a great opportunity to share our time and energy.

I heard that Mom made some awesome orange rolls. ( you should send me that recipe, because Elder Dansie is a fantastic cook!) My comp makes us all breakfast and lunch everyday, and we have really bonded as a district. There are no problems between us, and we all have the same goal: find, teach repentance through Jesus Christ, and baptize for the remission of sins. We have fasted and prayed, we have faith, and we are going to work as hard as we can, so that we can find those that the Lord has prepared.

I haven't taken very many photos, and I am trying to figure out how to make my camera compatible with these computers that we use.

Last week we were SO. FLIPPING. BUSY. We were working our butts off. But, in all, we taught 9 lessons. Not very many, BUT, we worked at the soup kitchen, and organized a stake activity. Which turned into a fiasco.

Apart from the Saturday fiasco, everything else is going well here. Nobody has gotten jumped, and we are all still working hard.

I hope that all of my friends around the world are having as good a time as I am.

¡Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment