D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, January 27, 2014

More Street Performing?

I have finally updated the pictures! I figured out how to transfer my pictures from my camera to a usb drive through our little dvd player, and now I can send photos, so enjoy:)

This week we taught 8 lessons. That is not very many. This place is in dire need of the gospel. However, almost every minute of last week we were working our booties off. I have slept well this week.

On Friday, we did something interesting. As you can tell, this area is a little slow. We have trouble finding people to teach. So, the other elders (Dansie, Proctor, and Oldroyd) volunteered me to go and play violin on the busy street here. So, I played for an hour, and they talked to more people than we ever have in that hour. It was quite interesting, and we got some good Gospel talk going on. A bunch of people tried to give me money, it was pretty sweet (but I declined politely to each one of them) Now I know how I am going to pay for college--I would have gotten probably about 15€ in one hour. That is pretty good.
These gloves were specially created for fiddling in the cold.  

Saturday, we did church tours. We brought a white board out into the street, and directed people over to the chapel. We gave some tours, and found some really golden people. The best part of it was, we were taking shifts on the street and in the chapel, and both companionships had contacted the same guy walking around the street. He was a Catholic priest, and he was really impressed to find 4 young men leave everything behind to come and preach the word, to serve, and to heal. It turns out he was on his way to run the local Mass, and he totally gave a shout-out to us in Mass. (We heard from a friend that was there). HOW COOL IS THAT?? The Lord is seriously blessing this area, and we are privileged to be a part of it.



I'm excited to hear about the ward split! New things are happening in AZ!

This email won't be very long today. I have had to download and upload a lot of stuff.

Os quiero muchisimo!
Elder Oliver

 Churros y Chocolate
 Dock at night

 They live right by the train station.
His six month celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment