D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Transferring!

This week has been a week of all sorts of crazy stuff. Remember how we were all super sure that Elder S was going to get transferred? Well, he is staying for a fifth transfer here! That is very unusual for our mission. The maximum is usually 4, which is 24 weeks. So, you may ask, 'Elder Oliver, are you going to have a 3rd transfer with Elder S?' The answer is... Nope! Surprise transfer, Elder Oliver! 

President Deere called me on Friday, and instead of telling me who was going to come in place of Elder S, he said, ''Elder Oliver, you are headed towards Marbella. Do you like to drive?'' You can imagine my surprise. I was thinking, ''What?? I've only got 3 months here in Almeria! We just set a baptismal date on R, and everything is going really well! Why do you have to take me out of here?''

So that is my main trial. The Lord always pulls me out of areas right before people get baptized. It makes me happier than anything else to know that I have changed peoples lives, even if the fruits of my labors take longer to ripen than I'd like. 

Lots of things happened this week. As my family already knows, I'll be getting a car in my next area. That is cool, but that has caused a little bit of stress, because we have had to work quickly to get my international driver's licence. My companions will be Elder V, from Madrid, and Elder S, from Germany (but only for 2 weeks). I'm super excited, but we are going to be going to an area that has only been worked for 2 transfers. Elder S opened it with Elder P. But, the problem is, that Elder V and I don't know the area. So we are going to have to learn fast. 

Seeing as I got to talk to you guys on Saturday, I really can't think of what I need to tell you, but I am keeping a daily journal of what happens, so at least I will never forget what has been going on for the last few weeks. They have been very important weeks in my life, and I treasure the memories which I have made. And I am really struggling with spitting out proper English.

Next week I will be able to fill you in on all sorts of cool things. HEY!! Guess who is coming in my place! Elder O! The giant!   He is also from Arizona, but from a tiny city called Thatcher. We met in the airport on the way to Madrid. He is awesome. This area will be in good hands. 

I look foward to all your updates about school, work and life in general. I know you are all busy and stuff, but even just a short update about life, or a funny joke, or tips on how to find people are greatly appreciated. 

¡Os quiero un montón!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment