D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Smashing records

Remember how last week I told you that I would send photos today? Well,  the SD card doesn't work here in these computers. So, that is a big bummer, because I have lots of great photos. Just imagine a really manly guy with my face, battling against nature in the Spanish mountains, contacting people everywhere, and cooking weird stuff. And then imagine all that, accompanied by an Ecuadorian and a German. And that was our week.

Well, I don't know if I told you last week, but we set some seriously high goals this week. And do you want to know what happened??  Well, we all gave 100%. And when I say 100% I mean it. Elder Scheible, Elder Vera, and I really focused on contacting this week. We wanted to get lots of potential investigators so that we have plenty of work these next few weeks. The Mission record is 72 future investigators in one week for any single companionship. This week, we broke a mission record. In fact, to say it more humbly, we kind of smashed it. We got 100 futures in one week. (Alma 26:12-13)

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
13 Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?

We couldn't have done it without Jesús. And I mean that in two ways, 1, because there is a priest aged kid that helped us out a ton, and 2, because by the power and strength of Jesus Christ we were able to accomplish the most work that I have ever done in one week. Not only did we find a lot, but we taught 26 lessons, which is also a strong number. Nowhere near any records, but standards are 20, so that is cool.

I have learned so much from my companions here. This is definitely an inspired companionship. We all need each other, and this area needs us. Our goal is that we teach and find so much, that President has to send another companionship over here.

Anyways, that was part of our week. This morning we hiked a cool mountain near Marbella, and took some cool photos. Last week we also stopped in a place called Puerto Banús, and saw a ton of cool cars. In Arizona, I saw 2 Ferraris in the 2 years that I lived there. In Puerto Banús, within 20 minutes we saw tons of ferraris, maseratis, Lamborginis, Rolls Royce, Bently, you name it. It was definitely a car lover's paradise, haha.

I love Landon's email. For those of you that didn't get it, which would be everybody, here is a little bit out of it,
''Hey Hayden,
A couple of days ago on Monday, I started swim team. I heard people talking about you. They said you have legs like tree trunks, you have a massive upper body, you could bench over 400 pounds, when they found I was your brother they started calling me your prodigy, they expect me to do butterfly for everything. Any way you are a living legend at swim team and it's great to be at a place that looks up to my older brother.''
Oh, ye confused and silly generation, how quick are ye to forget Hayden your Capitan!?

Haha, no, it's alright. Maybe a little bit got exaggerated, but at least they remember my name. Landon is going to do a lot better on that team through the years than I did.

Anyways, I'm sorry I don't have any photos again!
Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment