D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Marbella!

Dear Friends and Family,
First of all, I want to apologize for not having any photos today. I totally forgot to bring my camera. I have taken a lot of photos since last week. Partially because of the transfers, and partially because Marbella is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. Like seriously. If you doubt my word, look up on Google, Marbella, Spain. (here are just two of the pictures I found on google images.  Wow)

So, Let me fill you in on the deets. It was really hard to say goodbye to all my friends in Almeria. There are so many wonderful people that have touched my life, and have taught me how to be a better missionary. Elder S, for his very last transfer is with Elder O. He is awesome. 

On my side of the mission, things are going really well. Elder V and Elder S are awesome! I love these guys, let me tell you a bit about them. Elder V is from Ecuador, but lived in North Eastern Spain, --San Sebastian, País Vasco-- for most of his life. For the last 13 years. He has about 9 months on the mission, and is a really great missionary. He listens well, to the investigators and his companions. He doesn't have his international driver's license, so I suppose I am going to have to drive. I am looking forward to spending the next few months with him. We'll get along really well. He has a ton of really clever jokes.
Elder S is from Germany, a place called Grenzach, on the German-French-Swiss border. He speaks German, English, French, and Spanish fluently, and it is very dificult to tell that he is not a native speaker of English. In fact, he speaks better than many Americans! As I mentioned last week, he is about to die, as in he only has 11 days left in the mission. And he is not letting a single minute get wasted. He is super obedient, and is one of the best workers I have ever met. That is probably why he was the Assistant to the President. He is also one of the best 300m Hurdlers in the world. Which is pretty cool.
It has been really hard to adjust to teaching as 3, but we are working hard during study time in the morning to get used to it. Both my companions are champion contacters, and I am learning a lot from them. I hope to be able to become an awesome street contacter soon.
I have been learning lots about how to be a leader here, and there are a ton of good things happening here in our area. I love being here in the Fuengirola Area!!  It really is amazing.
Love you guys lots! Next week I will have some photos, and even more details about everything that is going on.

Love you lots!!
¡Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment