D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, May 19, 2014

I am Not Ashamed of the Gospel of Christ

Well, here I am in my new area, Almería North! We work in the little pueblos here, in Huercal, in Alhama, and a few others. I have only been here a few days, but I already love this place. The ward is strong. About 140-160 in attendance every week, leaders in every position, that already know how to lead, or are learning how to lead well, LOTS of converts (recently baptized members), and lots of gypsies. In fact, Elder S baptized a whole family of Gypsies last transfer, so we pass by their house a couple of times a week. They are the first Gypsies that I have really gotten to know well, and they are awesome! Within the few short weeks of learning about the gospel, they completely stopped drinking alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea, and started everything that they needed to do to continually learn and progress in the gospel.

Now, the 16 year old kid goes out with us all the time. When we are walking down the street with him, he calls people out, tells them to sit down, and we end up teaching a lesson. Seriously, this kid has no shame at all of the Gospel of Christ. May we all learn to be like this kid.

My comp is awesome. Last week I told you that is from Sweden, which is awesome. More language to absorb for me! He is a Sueco Chileno, mom is Chilena, and his dad is Sueco. He speaks Swedish and Spanish perfectly, and English pretty well. This week we are going to teach a class of English/Swedish in the chapel. He has had some trouble with past companions, but something between him and I just clicks, and we get along really well. He is super musical, and we are going to do some cool musical stuff.

I hope you all have a great day, because now I need to go. Spread the Word, Study the Word!
Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

Next week, I promise that I will write more!

No comments:

Post a Comment