D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Farewell to Algeciras

This Sunday was awesome! I got to say farewell to the people I love here in Algeciras, and talk to my family, and have a great dinner lesson with a member family here. There are many, many good things that are going on here in Algeciras, and it breaks my heart to have to leave here at this moment. Haha, don't get me wrong, 2 months ago, I was dying to leave. I was not having a good time. 

However, Bird and I worked our butts off, and we have seen the blessings that come from that kind of work. Elder Allan, the one that is coming here, will have a lot better of a 1st transfer here than I did.

I can't think of anything to tell you guys, that skype session last night fried my brain. It usually takes about 24 hours to recover from a skype session with the family. So many things have changed! My brothers and sister are growing up! Landon talks like a man, Porter is going to be a senior, all the rest are so much faster in the pool. There are so many things that are probably going to surprise me when I get home...

Some of the best things that I have received here in Algeciras, are friends. Elder Oldroyd, Proctor, Bird, Dansie, and Pascua, not to mention the members and our investigators! These are friends that I will always love, and think back fondly on the time that we shared together, and all the stuff that we did together. These guys are some of my closest friends now. We have been through a lot together.

Sorry, next Monday, I will have a much longer email to fill you in how transfers went, my first impressions of Elder S, and Almeria.  And, I will send you lots (maybe) of photos.

This Saturday, there may be a baptism there in Almeria, so, that will be cool. 

I hope nobody is too disappointed with this sloppily thrown together email, and my scattered thoughts. 


Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment