D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

t-50 (5/18/15)

Well, I have had a great week. 

Monday- We really didn't do much that day. I bought some chocolate.

Tuesday- Went and taught some of our friends, but one was drunk, and the lesson didn't last very long. We had a great day teaching, and had a full schedule.

Wednesday- We traveled up to Cartegena for interviews with President. I had a great talk with him. I love that guy so much. He really is one of the best people ever. Then Elder Pond went back to Mazarrón with Elder Simón, another elder in the district, and I stayed here in Cartagena with Elder Child, a young elder from Idaho. We had a good time working there, and it was so hot there. Cartagena is so humid, it is ridiculous.

Thursday- We started the day running to the chapel (in Cartagena still) to play basketball. Everybody wanted to play b-ball, but because they thought that Elder Pond was going to be in Cartagena (he loves basketball). It was rather funny showing up the chapel, and everybody was like ''oh man, elder Pond isn't here...'   ...Gee, thanks guys, haha. We had a great time though.  Later that evening Elder Pond came back to Cartagena, and we bought a TON of food. Then, we went to Murcia for a Doctor's appointment (don't worry, we're not going to die), and it was so HOT THERE. But it was amazing. It was 107 degrees there, and absolutely bone dry. It was so awesome, and then I started thinking about Arizona a lot. I was thinking about home just about the entire night, until we got back to Cartagena and bunked with the other Elders for the night (there was not another bus at that hour to Mazarrón).

Friday- So that --TON-- of food that we bought on Thursday was for zone meeting on Friday. Elder Pond and I prepared and cooked some good old Mexican burritos for the entire zone. They were a hit. And we were über exhausted afterwards. Finally, we were able to go home to Mazarrón. 

Saturday- We had an un-eventful morning, other than buying churros (and finding out that I have about €4,50 to my name right now (could you put like 20 bucks in my account por favor) due to buying so many bus tickets of late. We then used €4,25 to travel to Cartagena AGAIN for a stake Priesthood meeting, which totally filled me with strength to finish strong. It was such a great conference. Then we stayed another night in Cartagena, because there are no late buses on Saturdays, so we ate döner kebab and played chess that night (watch out Turner, I'm going to whoop you when I get home, haha)

Sunday- Great Sunday. Ward mission leader came to church, basically helped us out a ton in every way, and we had some great lessons with our other friends.

¡Os quiero mucho!
Love,
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment