D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

6/22/15

This week was another busy week, full of meetings, bus rides, and walking under the merciless sun.
Monday was, like I may have told you, the most boring p-day of my entire mission. Wow. There was a holiday here in Mazarrón, and every single store was closed. My goodness, we were so frustrated! There was literally nothing to do, so we went back to the apartment and cleaned for a few hours. 

Tuesday we traveled to Murcia for a dual-zone conference with President, and there were all sorts of surprises. Well, actually, the only surprise was that it was my last zone conference ever. So, they invited me up to the front to bear my testimony and some things that I have learned and felt out here in the mission.

Wednesday was one of the few ''normal'' days of this week. We were able to teach 4 lessons, and our friends are progressing just as slowly as usual. However, we found a woman from Honduras who is very interested in the gospel message. She doesn't look any older than 40, but already has 9 daughters. 7 of whom are already married... I don't really know how she achieved that, but she did.

Thursday we started the day doing weekly planning, and then went on splits with the Elders in Cartagena so that I could see how Elder Harris is doing and how well he's learned the area. He's been out about a year, and he is doing really well. I have a feeling that he is going to be the next district leader in Cartagena. He is a natural leader, and a funny guy. That evening, we went to the chapel (in Cartagena, of course) and I got to do another baptismal interview with a young woman who got baptized on Friday.

Friday, Elder Harris and I walked in the sun for three hours looking for people that would listen to us. Later that evening, we met back up with Elder Salcedo and Datwyler and went to the baptism of the girl that I interviewed. It was a great program. After the baptism, there was a farewell party for a young man in Cartagena who is heading off to the MTC in Madrid next week. He'll be serving in Barcelona.

Saturday we worked here in Mazarrón (finally!) and we had a good day walking around in the sun, again. Later, we went and played some soccer with an investigator kid, and we had a great time.

Sunday was a day of miracles. We started church a few minutes late, mostly because of the lack of people at 11 o'clock. However, as we kept going, family after family trickled in, and in the end, there were 21 people at church. There were several families that have never come to church here before in Mazarrón. It was a huge surprise, but another member had invited them to church, AND THEY CAME!! One of them, after the meeting said, "I need to come back to church. I need to serve and help lift this little branch," so BINGO! One more priesthood holder. We are going to get him to talk to bishop to make sure that everything is going fine, and then we are going to be able to (potentially) be a branch!  Plus, another family from Cartagena is moving here this week +6!! He is the older brother of C Jr., a member here. He is also in the bishopric of Cartagena 1st ward. It was a good week.

Today is not p-day for us. We are writing during our mediodía time, because we have changed our p-day to this friday, because we were already going to be there (that way, we don't lose so much proselyting time.)  Love you all!


I hope that you have a great day!
And happy Fathers day, Dad! I love you a ton!

¡Os quiero!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment