D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, April 13, 2015

3/9/2015 email



So, these last 2 weeks have been a lot of work, tiredness, and stress. We had to get to Cartegena for interviews with President on Tuesday (the 24th) and we spent the entire day there in the chapel waiting for our interviews.
In my interview President told me how much he trusts me and then BOOM!  ''Elder Oliver, I'd like you to train a new missionary this transfer. Will you accept?

             --sudden jolt of nervousness--
''Of course, President''

So yeah. I was super sad that Elder Q had to leave Mazarrón. He was such a machine and we saw miracles everyday together. He is heading out to Sevilla and he will be missed here in Mazarrón. His companion will be Elder F, another missionary from my group.

The craziness started that day. He started packing and I started figuring out how I was going to train again. What I can do better and how I can learn even more. 

That Saturday, we celebrated Elder Q's birthday, even though he doesn't have a birthday this year, and we got ready for Sunday. Sunday was a miracle. We had 26 people at church and the spirit was so strong there. We had 12 of our non-member friends come to church, and that was awesome. Some of them even went up to the pulpit and bore their testimonies of Christ. 

Monday was a long day. We said our farewells at the bus station in Cartegena, and then we all went our separate ways. I was on a bus all the way to Málaga, and it was a long ride. The nice thing about it though, was that we were on a nice bus, the SUPRA. I watched Wile E. Coyote for most of the ride.

We arrived in Málaga, and met up with a bunch of Elders who were basically on their Deathbed. This week, Elder Larios, Dansie, and Berry all died (a few of my past companions).  That evening, we spent the night in the mission home, had a little trainer's meeting, and ate a delicious pulled pork dinner. We stayed the night with Elder Bean and Berry in Fuengirola.

Tuesday, President let us have a p-day of sorts. Elder Bird (yeah! Elder BIRD!!!) and I chilled in Fuengirola all day and we got caught up on everything that has happened in the last 10 months. He is training an Elder right now, from Washington. Elder Gozart, I think. Later that evening we were presented to our new companions. My new comp is Elder Pond, from Pennsylvania. He is a great kid. He is helping me out a lot with BYU stuff, because he has already gone to BYU for a semester or two. He and I get along great, and I don't think that we will have any problems. We have our top pet-peeves in common, so we won't be bothering each other. His Spanish is great. He likes learning, and is a really hard worker.

Y and V continue resolving their doubts, and they are really progressing in their study of the Book of Mormon (it's true!   -the book-), and they have been feeling the guidance of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

I love you all, and I am very grateful for everything that God has given us. Keep being awesome! I loved your emails this week.

Next week I will send some more photos. My camera died just now, so I have to go back and charge it.

Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment