D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Jan 19 2015 email

I am tired. This week has taken its toll on me. Where do I even begin?

So many things have happened this week I can't possible begin to explain how I have felt, what I have learned, and the pain that I have gone through.

I will go day by day, to try to help you out. Sunday, as I said last week, Elder Moore decided to return home to fix his health problems, which was the start of the craziness this week.

Monday. I have absolutely no recollection of what happened before 6 o'clock. Right about then, we got a call from President Deere. He was informing Elder Moore when he was going to fly home. It was the strangest night ever. We needed to be at the mission home at 9 o'clock for an interview with him, and then we were going to stay in Fuengirola over night and head straight to the airport the next morning. However, when we got this phone call, we were in Fuengirola, and our bags were not finished being packed. So, we took the toll road, and made it home in record time, threw our bags together and made it back in time for the interview. After President was done with Elder Moore, he brought me in, and we discussed what we should do with Marbella. In the end, we decided to take missionaries out of Marbella and merge the area with Fuengirola. There are many contributing factors to this decision. All of which are valid. I will be leaving the area, because I have been here a very long time. When there is finally a chapel in Marbella, we will be able to have missionaries there, but it just is not possible right now. It absolutely breaks my heart.

Tuesday, We drove Elder Moore to the airport, and I waited with him for a while in there up until he got to security. Then we said goodbye, and I left. We proceeded home in reverent silence, confused and bemused at everything that has happened. We showed up to district meeting, but despite the happy message that we were discussing that morning, a somber cloud hung over our heads. I think I was affected the most of all. Which makes sense, but I really couldn't put myself back into reality. That night I slept for about 2 hours. I couldn't sleep peacefully. I had a really rough time.

Wednesday I had to force myself back into the groove. I went with the Fuengirola Elders to Marbella, to teach them the area and finish up the cleaning of my old apartment, and we taught a man who is really having a tough time right now (who isn't?). The rest of the day passed without anything exciting happening.

Thursday I was called by the office Elders to take a newby with me for the morning, so we went out to go contacting in Marbella. It was refreshing. I love contacting. It really helps me to focus on what I really am doing out here. Later that evening, I went back to Marbella with J and we tried to find a couple of my friends that we haven't seen in a very long time.

Friday we had a lesson with a Gypsy lady and we totally set a baptismal date with her for the 31st of January. The Fuengirola Elders are pretty excited.

Saturday, TRANSFER CALLS.  So, keep in mind that all the stresses from this week have been magnified by not knowing what was going to happen to my beloved Marbella, and all the amazing friends that I have made there. Today, the Zone Leaders called us, and informed me that I would be transfered to the city of Mazarrón. An anomoly-branch (as in it is really just a part of Cartegena 2, but we have a chapel and meet in Mazarrón.) located just about an hour west of my first area, Torrevieja. I am pretty excited to get over there. However, I have no more details about what it is going to be like. It was confirmed that the Elders here are going to have to work Marbella from now on. I pray President Deere assigns the car to the Elders, because if not, everything that Elder Scheible, Gonzalez, Vera, Moore, and I have done will be thrown down the toilet. All our work, thrown away.

Sunday I said my farewells to some of the members, but many of those that I wanted to see weren't at church. I blame the rain. Anyways, Sunday evening we went to Marbella to hunt down those that didn't come to church, and we ended up finding some Philippine amigos that I have here. We got into their house, and they gave us a bunch of spring rolls and sweet potatos covered in brown sugar caramel. They were amazing. Then we taught. Us three Americans, teaching, in perfect harmony, to 7 Filipinos and an Indian the restoration of the gospel of Christ. We ended the lesson with a beautiful prayer offered by Elder Bean (Elder Berry's kid), and it was awesome. The day ended well. 8 New investigators from one appointment. The day couldn't have gone better. However, I did burn my fingers pretty badly on a spring-roll. It was a good day:)

Wow. This doesn't even begin to cover everything that happened. Everything that I felt.
I hope you have a great week, and may God bless you all.

Os queiro mucho
Elder Oliver




No comments:

Post a Comment