D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Feb 16 Email

This week was another good week for us. We were able to teach a lot of lessons, and we saw some more miracles (again)!

This week I made a giant soup. I used a beef broth that I bought and threw in just about everything I have lying around. It contains rice, noodles, peas, carrots, artichoke hearts, celery, an onion, a  a giant potato, and other things that I found lying around the apartment. It turned out amazing, and I have enough to probably last me until Friday!

This week C came to church, and he was paying attention, but a lot! When he comes to church, his friend D usually distracts him, and neither of them get much out of the talks. However, D didn't come to church today, so C was left to listen all by himself. It was really good. M, from Portugal, gave a talk about the Sacrament, and focused on how we renew our promises with God as we partake of the sacrament. C really enjoyed it, and we think that it is exactly what he needed to hear.

This week as a mission we have a goal of helping 250 people set a goal of a baptismal date. We are to teach about baptism in every lesson, and when the spirit is there, we are going to invite them! Some scriptures that I love about faith, repentance, and baptism are 2 Nephi 9, 2 Nephi 31, Alma 7, and 3 Nephi 11. Also, Acts 2, Acts 11-12, and basically everything that the Savior spoke during his life.

This week has gotten hot. Well, ''hot'' as in, 70 degrees or so... Haha, I am going to die when I get back to Phoenix... In July. Anyway, we wear long sleeve shirts every day. Because my comp can't show his arms, and we are one, so I don't show my arms. (Due to his life before his baptism a year and a half ago.) I hope that it doesn't get any warmer, and I hope that he doesn't get transferred to Sevilla for the summer.

This Saturday we are going to have a talent show at the chapel! We are going to do all sorts of stuff. I am going to do some classic bluegrass hoedowns on the violin, and play some Ecuadorian music with C. He is an amazing singer... I'll get some videos to you guys next week about how it goes.

Love you all!
Pray that I can play some groovy bluegrass!

Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

ps. This week was Carnaval. You know, the giant gentile festival where everybody gets drunk and all the girls dress immodestly. Well, we survived, but Saturday and Sunday in total, we taught 1 lesson... Everybody was partying.





(These pictures remind me a bit of Olympia's Procession of the Species)

No comments:

Post a Comment