D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Feb 2 2015 email

Well, this Sunday was a lot better than last. We had 16 people at church, and we were able to go and find a whole lot of new people. 

This week was full of miracles, just like last week. We haven't stopped seeing miracles since we got here. Elder Quispe is awesome, and it really hasn't taken us long at all to get into the groove of teaching together.

This week we started out by chilling with the YSA for p-day, and we went to the mines. That is the only thing cool to do around here, according to Elder Quispe and the youth around here. Then, we went and played uno in the chapel.

On Tuesday we had our district meeting and we had to take the bus up to Cartegena (Car-te-HEY-na) and wow, that was really weird. I got off the bus, and thought, wow, I am back in Cartegena. I haven't been here since I was in my first area. Everything is the same. It really doesn't look like anything has changed in a year and a half. 
I got to meet the rest of the district, and they are all pretty cool. However, I am the oldest missionary in the district now. That is weird to me too. I think everything is weird to me now. Now that I am in the last quarter of the mission. 

This Wednesday we stayed in Mazarrón, and didn't teach any lessons. Instead, we walked around all day and contacted. But it was really, ALL DAY. We walked for about 9 hours in total. We calculate that we walked about a marathon. Needless to say, we got lots of futures, and slept really well that night.

Thursday we were really really tired. Luckily, we were able to do weekly planning and rest our feet for a little while.

Friday we traveled out to Cartegena again, and did a zone contacting activity in the new sisters' area. They are opening the area, and needed some extra help.

Saturday we saw lots of miracles and were able to get 3 investigators out to Cartegena to watch a baptism. It was absolutely perfect for our investigators, and on the way home one of them kept asking, ''so if I got baptized...'' type questions. Elder Quispe and I were pretty excited about that.

On Sunday we had a great sacrament meeting, a good gospel principles class, and a whole lot of investigators in the chapel. Everything went really well. We were super psyched about everything. Then, that evening we were able to find one of our investigators, B, and we had an amazing lesson with him. He is super repentant, and he is going to change his life, starting yesterday and today.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the few photos and videos that I put in Dropbox!
¡Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver











No comments:

Post a Comment