D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, December 8, 2014

I found Stollen! (Dec 1 2014)

Wow, you have had a crazy week! I can't believe how much you have been able to do. You are the craziest family ever.

This week was a good week. This Tuesday we went to Fuengirola (we actually went to Fuengirola every day this week... Way too much time in the car) and did a good companion exchange. I went with Elder Berry, who also started the mission in Torrevieja, right before me, and my comp, Elder Moore went with Elder Hampel and they worked in Fuengirola. My companion is such a machine. They went out and set 2 baptismal dates that evening. That really helped out their area. They've been struggling lately by no fault of their own.

Then on Thursday, we had THANKSGIVING!! We were able to go and eat a great thanksgiving feast with the rest of the Málaga Zone and a few of the other Americans that live nearby. It was great! The only thing missing was my family, and pumpkin pie. I made a huge batch of Chocolate chip cookies. That night I froze the remaining dough, and then accidentally froze my tongue to the spoon the next morning. Ouch!

We worked really hard to get lots of our new friends to church this week and most said that they would come, however, only one of our friends came to church. Ana is the woman that contacted us in the streets in San Pedro, and we met with her on Tuesday. She told us she would love to come to church, and then, BAM!!! She came to church. That was awesome. Especially because it was the Primary program this week. I am pretty sure that everybody loved it. And she wasn't scared off either, which is a huge blessing, haha.

We saw lots of little miracles and have felt the spirit of Christmas really pick up around here. I love Christmas. And I love it even more here in Spain. There are decorations on all the streets and everybody is gearing up to celebrate and commemorate the birth of our Savior. There really is nothing better than being a missionary at this time of the year. People are more receptive to the message of the restored gospel as they try to find the true spirit of Christmas.

And, speaking of the true spirit of Christmas, have you seen the ''He is the Gift'' initiative that the church has started? Check out the video!


This is why all us are here! This is why we are missionaries. I got a really clear picture of that this week. But really, He is the Gift. Please share the Gift.


Love you all lots and lots!
I hope you have a fantastic week!
¡Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver


ps. I found a store that sells weihnachtsstollen!!! Estoy contento.
pps. Pray for my comp. He is suffering from bad migraines.

No comments:

Post a Comment