D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dec 15 Email

How is everybody doing this week?

I saw the video you sent me of the orchestra concert. It was fantastic! haha, I loved it so much, and I am so SO proud of Porter and his friends. You guys rock. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on, but keep up the good work!  Was somebody playing an electric violin in the back? If so, who was it?

This week was way better than last week. Elder Moore and I have been working really hard here in Marbella to find, teach, and baptize. I don't know if I told you last week, but our car is in the shop again. Something in the moter has gone kaput, and we have been trying to figure out what missionary work is like without a car again, haha. It is extremely difficult in our area to take the buses everywhere, and rather expensive, but we have been making do. We should get the car this afternoon. Whew! (After 2 weeks of car-lessness).

We have learned a lot this week about following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. As we strive to purify ourselves and become more like Christ, center our lives in him, we have seen his guiding hand in many things. Elder Moore and I taught several lessons this week, and while we were teaching, we both felt prompted to change the topic of our lesson at the same moment to the same thing. So we did just as we were prompted and the Holy Spirit testified to the truth of what we were teaching. He was there, and we all felt it. It was a great lesson. There were a few other cases of similar experiences this week, all of which sacred and memorable.

Elder Moore continues to suffer from assorted health problems and he is having a dificult time with them, please pray for him. Despite the trials and affliction that is he going through, he continues to amaze me every day in so many ways. I am so glad I have the privilege of being his companion and his trainer. I feel like I learn more from him than he from me sometimes.

Christmas is fast approaching, and my Christmas spirit is here! I am always singing or whistling some form of Christmas music and it just makes me happy:)

Things are looking up here in Marbella. Our new friends that we have made have begun to read the Book of Mormon, and ask some really good questions. We have also found some slippery people that we haven't been able to get a hold of in a few months. 

This Sunday, Bishop walked up to me and said, ''We're short one speaker today. Could you help us out?     '''Sure thing, Bishop!     ....we'll see how this goes.''  But, everything went really well. I only spoke for 10 minutes, but apparently everybody liked what I said. All I said was centered on Christ, because Christmas is coming soon. And I liked it too. Nothing too deep or boring. Just simple Christmas love. John 3:16

Please join in the Christmas Cheer!  #sharethegift
Os quiero mucho
Elder Oliver


No comments:

Post a Comment