D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Dec 23 Email

Hey there! All you people not here in Spain are really missing out. Well, the weather is pretty much identical to weather in AZ right now. Sunny, 15 degrees (Celsius) and a slight breeze. It couldn't be better. However I am still praying that we get some random snowfall here on Christmas, because I still haven't seen snow out here.

That's all right though, there are other things that are good. Like being a missionary. I have felt the spirit so much this week and it has changed me. I know that God loves us, and he teaches us the things that we need to learn even if it's not what we want to learn.

Along those lines, yesterday we had a great tri-zone conference here in Málaga. We were able to listen to President Deere and his wife and his assistants. They told us yesterday that they had the opportunity to meet the new mission president and his wife. They are Pres. and Sister Andersen from Blackfoot, ID. We are hoping to prepare the way for them so that their transition is smooth, and so that all the missionaries are working their hardest to be obedient and to find, teach, and baptize. 

This year as a mission we have done well. In fact, we have done spectacularly. However, we haven't met some of our goals, so this year we have set new goals. We have new weekly standards of excellence and we are working on bettering ourselves and becoming more excellent people. We have a goal of baptizing 50 people in this first month of January 2015 to start out the year well. Please pray for us us and join us in this push to find and teach.

If you haven't shared the gospel yet for Christmas, I invite you to invite somebody to church. To listen to the missionaries, or to even watch a short little Mormon message. Anything that will help them to feel the spirit. Will you do it?

Fill me in on how it goes.

This week we have been able to share the gospel (surprise! haha) with lots of people, and I got to bust out the violin again. That is probably the best purchase I have made so far out here in Spain. I have been able to share my testimony throught the strings of my violin. I love that. I speak so much more fluently on the violin that in English or Spanish.

Anyways, we will see each other on Thursday at 4 pm! (my time)
I hope you all have a great day tomorrow eating mini-shishkebabs. I will be thinking of you, but not too much! ;)


¡Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment