D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Read the Book of Mormon!

I am a man of many words. But not right now. My hands and brain are pretty tired. I just sent a bunch of emails to those in Torrevieja. Emails in 3 different languages. It is seriously difficult to switch my brain between Spanish, English, and German.  But I did it. But, I used up all of my brain power.

This week was a really good week. We had a lot of success working with less active members of the Church. I have come to realize that those members of the Church that have fallen back a bit in the last months or years, in some cases, have something in common. Many of them don't have a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. For that, the moment some imperfect person makes a stupid comment, or teases, or they find some literature that casts the church in a bad light, they stop coming to church. The answer is so simple though. We have a book. In fact, we have more than one. We have the Book of Mormon.  The prophets have always taught us that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. Without it, we have nothing, our priesthood authority vanishes, the restored gospel of Christ vanishes, all the light and truth that we have received, answers to prayers, miracles, in the past 200 years vanish.

The Book of Mormon has power. It cannot be taken apart. There has not been one argument against the validity of the Book of Mormon made since its first publishing in 1830 that has not since been completely proved false, or lost all its footing. The Book of Mormon is truth, and truth cannot fall. There is a promise, that if we read it, test it, inquire of the Lord, try the promise, live the gospel, he will feel the power of the Lord in his life. --See John 7:17--

If people truly have a testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon, then it doesn't matter what comes their way, who says what, or what they read, because they have a peace of knowledge, and can feel the blessings of the Lord in their lives.

Not much has happened this week. But today we are going to spend the day with the Zone Leaders in Gibraltar. That is exciting! And we helped a couple of Canadian people find the bus to get there. I just can't imagine how they don't understand what the people are saying. I mean, come on! It is just Spanish!

I love you all!
Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

ps. I will answer your questions next week. My fingers are frozen, and my brain is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment