D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Crazy Week!

Okay, I am going to have to fill you guys in on this last week, next week. Because today we are in Sevilla, and we have a tri-zone conference tomorrow. It is going to be a riot. That being said, Sevilla is definitely the coolest city I have ever been to in my life. And I don't have a lot of time to email, so I will have to answer your questions and book it back out.

We only have one investigator here now. We had almost dropped her a few weeks ago because she did not want to read, pray, or come to church. Those are obviously important things in developing a testimony of the gospel. However, she recently resolved to come to church every week, and now she is progressing really well. She is reading, praying, and coming to church. Now, she just needs to get baptized! But, as we all know, baptism is only the entrance to a Christ-centered life.

I have been told recently that I speak better Spanish than any other missionary at our time in the field, and that has definitely gotten to my head. I am still working hard though, because I know I have a long way to go. 

My companion and I get along perfectly. We haven't argued about a single thing. We get along pretty well with the other elders in the apartment. We are like a little family. The four of us are a district. Elder Oldroyd is our district leader. He is from Mesa.   Arizona Pride!

We all cook together. We make a meal plan on Sunday night, and then we all pay in on Monday to buy the ingredients for each week, and now. The members don't really have us over very often. That is alright. We have learned to cook well.

And those letters, I love getting those letters. Especially the giant compilation of all my friends around the world. I love reading their adventures.

Anyways, I will fill you in next week about everything that is going on. I will know whether or not I will stay in Algeciras, and I will have a boat-load of photos of Sevilla. And some with me and the other elders too.

Just know, that we are working our butts off out here. We have had good success this week with some things, and rotten luck with others.  Next week, however, we are hoping that we get some new investigators. We have some solid futures now.

I love you guys, and I am so proud of everything that you are doing.

Congratulations to all those with mission calls, and those that are sending in their papers! It will be the BEST two years.

Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment