D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

They Love Us. I Know It.

They say that Gibraltar was created by Hercules to cover the entrance to Hades. I would believe it. The cave there is flippin' sketchy.





It is a spectacular place. We went up the rock, saw some monkeys, saw some caves, and saw some oceans. Good trip. At the top, you are standing on British territory, straight across from Algeciras, and to the left, is Morocco. So that is cool. I can now say that I have been to England, right?

Anyways, this week started out a little slowly. Elder Dansie got sick on Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and half of Thursday, so we missed a lot of proselyting time. However we have had a good week watching the restoration video. Every day... I have seriously watched that thing in every language. Spanish, German, French, Italian (which I understand fairly well), Finnish, Russian, Ukrainian, Icelandic, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Estonian, Arabic, Pig-Latin, you name it. I watched it. Was I a little bit bored? Yes. That is the correct answer.

BUT, big news! The Lord has seen fit to bless us in our time of hardship. This Sunday our (only) investigator CAME TO CHURCH!!! YES. That was such a miracle. Her best friend is the member that always gives us free bread and candy. She told us after the meeting that the talk by the last guy was super good, and 100% true. That is for sure. In fact, later that night, we had an appointment with her to check up on how she liked church, how she felt, and we were able to set a baptismal date with her. So, if she gets to the point where she knows the Book of Mormon is true, and the true gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through a modern day Prophet, she will be baptized for the remission of sins on the 2nd of March

Speaking of the guy that spoke in Conference, there were some huge changes to the leadership of the branch. We finally got a 1st and 2nd counselor to the Branch President, new Ward mission leader, new Elder's quorum president, all sorts of cool stuff. I think this is what the branch needs.

I had a great experience studying this week. I was reading in 2 Nephi 31, studying the Doctrine of Christ. I didn't learn anything new like facts, or information, but I was overwhelmed by the most powerful manifestation of the Holy Spirit I think I may have ever felt. For a brief moment, I understood the love that is between the Father and the Son. I cannot explain how I felt. I just know. They love us. I know it.

Anyway, everybody have a great Valentines day, and we will try to survive the little hurricane that will sweep across Algeciras.

Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

PS It rains a lot here. As much as Olympia.
PPS I love you Cooper, you da' bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment