D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Surprise during Mediodia

So this week has been one of the weirdest weeks yet.  We were in an appointment with a member during Mediodia, the 3 hour long break every Spaniard takes in the middle of the day, and the phone rang. Elder Dansie answered, and began with, 'Hi President!'

That came as a shock. President doesn't usually call us unless there are transfers or there is something really important going on. This week is the week of transfers, but he called us 3 days early. Dansie sat and listened to president talk for a few minutes, said 'I'm willing' and hung up the phone. Then he looks at us and tells us, 'I am going to the office tomorrow.'

So, we went home, he packed up all his stuff, and Thursday he caught a bus to Fuengirola where he will be serving as the Secretary of the mission for the next 6 months. Which is awesome for him, but I totally got ripped off of the last week of our transfer together. It was so much fun. But for the past week I have been comps with Elder Proctor and Elder Oldroyd. Those guys are cool too. 

One of the other bad points of Dansie leaving, is he was a fantastic chef. He cooked better than many members, and cooked us breakfast and lunch every day. So, Sunday, all I ate was pancakes, and I ate more pancakes this morning for breakfast. However I bought a bunch of fruits and vegetables, so I will survive for the next week.

However, despite his farewell, we taught the most lessons this week than we ever have, and we set another baptismal date. The Lord is showing us that the work is not impossible here. Hopefully these people will be able to take this step of faith and bring their lives in order with what the Lord Expects of them.

Yesterday we had an interesting appointment. Some investigators of Elder Proctor and Oldroyd let us in, and we read 2 Nephi 31 together, but it was hectic. Some of them refused to read because they laughed everytime they read out loud, others were snacking on fritos, and the dog was chillin on Oldroyd's lap. People were walking in and out of the house, being really loud and obnoxious, and two 16 year old girls giggled like crazy anytime I read. The situation just got out of our control, and we were all thinking, ''well, the spirit is long gone now'', so we just had a good time becoming their friends.

Anyways. Time passes slowly here in Algeciras now that Elder Dansie is gone, but this Wednesday my new comp, Elder Bird is coming. Elder Bird and I were in the MTC together. This is a big step for both of us. There is no senior companion to tell us what would be best, we are going to have to figure things out on our own. Speaking of doing work, we are going to find and teach and baptize, because that is what this area needs. There is nothing more important here in Algeciras than just that. Elder Bird is a machine, we are going to get work done. 

Sorry I don't have more information. I forgot to bring my Agenda to the locutorio, and I can't really put together everything, because I have a pounding headache.

All of you that have lost loved ones this week, you and your families are in my prayers.

Os quiero mucho,
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment