D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Baptismal date!

¡Hola!

First, to answer your questions.
Elder R is from Quito, Ecuador. I'm not sure where that is in relation to Simon Bolivar.  However, he has lived in Madrid for most of his life. 

I just remembered this, The MTC President in Madrid opened up the mission when he was 19 that Austin is serving in!

We watched General Conference delayed, except for the morning sessions, which we watched in the evening. We just streamed it off of the internet, so we had some difficulties in getting it all to work properly.

Yes, I would like it if you would continue printing out the messages from my friends and mailing them to me. That is one of the highlights of my evenings.

Now, most importantly...

Do you remember our investigator, the supermodel? Well. She has a baptismal date, for the 26th of October!!! We are so excited. She totally has a desire to be baptized, because she said she will move out separate from her boyfriend so that she could be ready to be baptized. She has so much faith, and she really wants this for her family. Eventually, they will get married (hopefully), and then go to the temple, where they can be sealed together for time and all eternity.

Secondly. Elder R and I are staying together for this transfer, luckily. I still have 6 weeks left of my training, and he hasn't been in T***** very long either, so we were almost definitely going to stick together. However, 6 weeks from now, when my training is over, chances are one of us will get transfered, and maybe both. Hopefully not though.

We had stake conference this Sunday. It was really good, and it was in a really cool building that was all super modern. I learned a lot. 

I love how I can see my progress out here. My Spanish has improved leaps and bounds, and I can teach with confidence. Which means, improved ability to teach clearly and with the Holy Spirit. We now have 5 progressing investigators, and we think that we may be able to challenge them (and have them accept) to baptism. They really are wonderful people, all of them. 

To Trevor N, frequently when I am talking to the Elders that have been out for a while, your name comes up. Sounds to me like you were quite a beast out here in Spain. I have only ever heard great things about you.

And like Trevor told me before I left, I am teaching mostly non-Spanish people. In T*******, most of the people seem to be Columbian, or Ecuadorian, or English. Maybe it's just because the Españoles don't want to talk to us.

I have been sleeping better lately. I like the schedule here. We get a break during the middle of the day, because everybody else in the whole country does too. It's pretty nice.

This next week will be even better than last week, just as every week has been. My testimony of the Gospel, and the power of the Atonement in people's lives has really been strengthened. 

I love you all, and I love hearing from you, by email, or by letters.


Os quiero mucho,
Elder Oliver

ps. To my cousins, thank you for the letters! I love them! I'll write you back as soon as I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment