D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Uneventful Week--I like them that way!

Hey! I´ve gotten the letters from you and from Porter and Brodie. I really enjoyed hearing from you. (Porter and Brodie sent him pictures to help decorate his room.)

Hey... I know I said this last week, but could you have people email me? I got 3 emails this week, and I'm feeling a little bit forgotten.
 
Anyways, This last week has been slightly uneventful. It is all the same stuff, Gospel, Spanish, crappy cafeteria food, Gospel and more Spanish. I don´t mind the uneventfulness though.  Actually, Sunday was really eventful. Sister Sitterud (The MTC President's wife)  fell down and broke her arm. She took it like a champ though, she didn´t cry or whine, or pass out. She is doing better now.
 
I hope you are still teaching social skills to the kids, because there is this Hermana in my district who has none. At all, and I really feel quite bad for her. Oh well, maybe that´s how she will grow during her mission.
 
There are over 100 missionaries at the CCM (Spanish for MTC) now. This week we just got 17 new Elders and Hermanas that are native Spanish speakers. It´s really cool to talk to them, but they talk so fast. It´s embarrassing. The temple sessions are all in English for us, but I listen to it in Spanish, and I am actually doing pretty well understanding what they are saying.
 
Yes, you can attach photos and videos to your emails. I think I am going to start doing voice recordings as my main form of communication with you, because then I can say more to you. The problem is, is that you have to transcribe whatever you want. Hotel life is good, there is a washing machine that sounds like a jet turbine, and a shower that really isn´t very good, but it is better than the dorm rooms. I have a pull out couch/bed, so I can actually stretch out.  We use the bus and the Metro to get around town. Everybody here in the MTC is reporting the same day. We all just hop on a train and ride out to our mission homes in 10 days. We´re all so excited. My companion and I are getting along pretty well, but there are occasional things that hamper our gettingalongitude. (We make up words all the time that end in -itude.  This is a prime example.)
 
I´m so happy for the all the kids, doing awesome at everything. Tell Porter to send me more artwork, because I really was quite pleased with the "Hayden as a pinkie."
 
I´m glad Turner is alright, and I hope everybody has a safe week. (Turner fell off the very top of the triple bunk bed when he was sleeping earlier this week.)  Today we are going to the mall, and I am going to buy some stuff. It would be really great if you would keep me updated on how much money I have in the account. Thanks!
 
Love,
Elder Oliver

Then I got a second email:

Tell Porter and Landon and Regan and Turner and Cooper that I love them!

Then I got a third email:

Who all has gotten their mission calls in the Stake? Where/when?  What are their emails/ or addresses?
 
 
I was looking at the genealogy chart, and there is an error.  My seventh generation. Elizabeth Beach, parent of both the 6th generation offspring. It´s incorrect, unless it was incest. then it is very incorrect.

 
Money update please!
 
 
Thanks Mom,
I love you!
Elder Oliver

All the other pictures of the MTC choir are of them singing.  I like this one that looks like they're relaxing for a moment.
 And a closer shot.  Hayden is spacing out.  I wonder what is going through his mind?
 I like this view with the conductor in the foreground.
 And a candid shot of the missionaries in the classroom.  This is reality for Hayden right now.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, my boys couldn't wait to get out of the Peruvian MTC. It was hard there because they couldn't speak Spanish, not like the rest, and they couldn't speak English so it was frustrating at times. There are so many things they want to communicate [grammar and vocabulary] but didn't get until they transfered out to their new area. This is the way to go though, full immersion, because it works the best in the long run and you actually learn more but it is painful going and seems slower than it actually is.

    ReplyDelete