D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Hunger for the Scriptures



Hey! To answer some of your questions that you sent me in the letter, Elder Ward had to go home to get surgery, but it was successful, and he has already been cleared to come back to Spain when he has the strength. Miracle!  My companion and I are getting along great! We have had some issues, but they were minor, and we worked them out. I´m picking up the language very quickly. I'm amazed at how easy Spanish is coming along. It is a lot of work, but I don´t feel stressed about it anymore. I´ve just studied and learned.
  
The Bernabeu was really a fantastic trip! It was ridiculous how big it was. I can't imagine the noise of a sold out game.
 
Lately, I´ve been studying out of  Jesus the Christ, and I have learned SO much. I really recommend reading it with a set of scriptures open next to you. No matter what religion you are, it will help you understand more about Christ than you have ever thought possible.
 
Today we are going to the Museo del Prado. It is the main national art museum in Spain! I´m pretty stoked! There are going to be a lot of really cool paintings, but my companion isn´t very excited about art.
 
We were playing some MOTAB (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) in the classroom during personal study time the other day (without knowing it was against the rules), and I was doing some seriously intensive study on the nature of the Holy Spirit. During that 30-40 minutes of reading and pondering and praying, the song The Spirit of God started playing. It was definitely a special experience, and I felt the Holy Ghost there, confirming that which I had theretofore read.


 
I rolled my ankle twice this week playing soccer. It is so fun, but I can´t walk properly, and my ankle is all swollen. I also got drilled in the shin, and have a big bruise right where my socks press. Not so much fun. However, the soccer never gets old. I am getting better and better (except when I can´t walk). By the time I get home I´ll have played enough soccer to get me onto a College soccer team. (ha!)
 
I have developed a hunger lately. I can´t get enough of the scriptures. Especially the Old Testament, and Pearl of Great Price. [mostly concerning the temple stuff] Everyday I learn so much about the gospel, and how it just makes perfect sense! The Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price all work in perfect synchronicity to confess that Jesus is the Christ, and that this Gospel is Perfect! I love it!

 
 
Much Love,
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment