D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, July 6, 2015

7/6/2015 Last email

Well, nobody got baptized this week, which was a bummer. I really had my hopes up that we were going to see either Y or R take that step of faith, but that's all right. Some day they will do it, and that is the most important.

This week we had a bunch of miracles.  On Tuesday we found a couple of panicked swedes lost in the streets of mazarron. We approached them and asked if we could help them. They told us that they had parked the car by a park, and now had gotten lost in the labyrinth of mazarron. The woman was having a meltdown, so instead of just showing them how to go to the park, we walked with them there. As we walked, they saw our name tags and asked if we were Christians. We were a little surprised, and replied, well of course! We're missionaries. Then they said, "we just said a prayer that God would send somebody to help us find our car. Thank you so much". We were impressed that the Lord had responded so quickly and so exactly to their prayer.

We got to meet the new mission president this week. He is a great man. Under his direction, this mission is going to grow so much, and all the missionaries are going to learn a ton. He was a stake president for 9 years in Idaho, so he isn't new to church leadership positions.

This week we helped a new family move into the branch. There are six of them. They will be a huge help to this little branch. We also had my little despedida party (farewell) on Friday and had a wonderful time. I love the members here, despite their constant tardiness. However, I'm not perfect either.

Anyways, were you waiting for a tacky email talking about all the things I learned and what these two years in the Lord's service have meant to me? Sorry. You all already know what these years have meant to me. You already know that I love my Heavenly Father, and my brother Jesus Christ, whose servant I am. I learned many things here. But they are very sacred to me, so maybe someday I'll tell you in person what they are.

I love you all. I love my Savior and Redeemer. I love the people in Spain, and I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be here and serve.

I'm excited to get home and baptize the whole world.

Os quiero mucho. Mucho más que podéis imaginar.
See you soon.

Elder Hayden Oliver
Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment