D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Monday, September 22, 2014

9/15/2014

First of all, I apologize for my emails lately. They really have not been very focused, nor have I been able to stay on topic, or string together more than 2 coherent
I can't promise that this week's is going to be any better.
This week, we taught a bunch of investigators, ate a ton of food, and traveled a lot. The average life of a missionary. We also cried repentance, and invited everybody to come unto Christ.
This week, we begin a new transfer! We are going to baptize. We are going to work harder than ever. We are going to make God proud. This week, we are going to find the elect. Those that in this moment, their hearts have been softened, and are receptive to the promptings of the holy Ghost.
Luckily, nobody got transfered out from our district, except Elder D- he will be going to my old Area in Almería.-  He served a looong time in the office. Poor guy....
To answer your questions, yes I drive a lot. I have mastered driving stick. I follow both Spanish traffic laws: Don't cause accidents, don't drink and drive.  They don't really have any other rules here that I know of.
As many of you know, tomorrow is my brother's birthday. Porter is turning 18! Holy cow. So, there are a couple of interesting things that I have noted in him since I left. He has really grown up. I hear so many things from my family and friends, and they all tell me how awesome he is. And then I think, wow. My brother, is really awesome.  I look up to him a lot. And not just because he finally got taller than me. He has helped me become who I am. I know I was always ''the example'', because I am the older brother, but I have always admired him. He can draw. He can play the guitar. He can sing. He's a superhero in my eyes. I really admire his ability to forgive. When we would argue or fight, he would always be the first to forgive and forget. He taught me a lot about that.  I wish I could be with him all the time, because there are so many things my lil' bro teaches me.
Not only these things, but he is my best friend (to my other brothers and sister, you are my best friends too. I love you just as much!!). When he is your friend, he is always there for you. When he serves a mission, thousands will come unto Christ because of the Christ-like love that eminates from him. He will be the best missionary in the world.

Anyways. We have set a couple of baptismal dates this week! Woohoo! So excited!! For October 11. Pray for A, M, A, and M. They will be a valuable tool in the hands of the Lord to bring about his righteous will here in Marbella.

Love you lots!!
Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment