D&C 20:10-12

10 And thy brother Oliver shall continue in bearing my name before the world, and also to the church. And he shall not suppose that he can say enough in my cause; and lo, I am with him to the end.

11 In me he shall have glory, and not of himself, whether in weakness or in strength, whether in bonds or free;

12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 7 Letter

Hey Family and friends!
This week was a really good week. And I have tons of great stories to tell you. But I won't because I don't have all that much time. Suffice it to say, that we taught a congregation of 10 evangelical and Jehovah's Witnesses the Plan of Salvation that our Heavenly Father designed for us. It all went really well, and at the end, a deaf man entered, and we taught him the restoration, through another man that speaks signs. That went really well too, and then we got to the part where Peter, James, and John, now resurrected beings were sent by God to confer the Higher Priesthood to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery. The man doing the signing for me stopped, looked at me and said. ''You are teaching false doctrine!'' 

I was a little taken aback, wondering why he said that, and then he told me that they would not be able to do what we claim they did, because they were long dead.  Then, the first thing that came to my mind was when Jesus went up into the mountain and was transfigured (Matt. 17, Mark 9, Luke 9), that Moses and Elijah came down from heaven as translated beings, to do God's work. So, I went home and studied that, and the next day we had a good discussion about that and how God works through his chosen servants.

Anyways, it was a great week, we were busy, and we worked really hard!

Os quiero mucho!
Elder Oliver

ps. Shoutout to Mark and Grandma! Thanks for the great emails this week! I loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment